Saturday 2 August 2014

second chance

"I headed for in the wrong direction many times, but I know in my heart that it was never too late to turn back"


As a daughter of Roman Catholic parents, I was raised knowing and valuing the Bible. The bible includes guidelines that can lead to a happy and victorious life. But amidst that knowledge, I still got lost--- because there were times I chose to ignore and headed down a different direction. I found myself alone.

Yes, I headed for the wrong directions many times, but I know in my heart that it was never too late to turn back.

Whenever i pray, i feel the Lord's comfort in a way that forged a relationship with him bound by tears and forgiveness. I am also being comforted by the words of German theologian, Karl Rahner who said: "There are no accidents, only Divine Providence".

I came across this message via e-mail: "It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind od life you have lived!"

As a human being, we have a choice: to be happy, or to be miserable. That's how life works. Experience is not what happens to you. Experience is what you do to what happens to you.God gifted each of us with unique talents and abilities to improve our quality of life, and there is no excuse for not fully utilizing our potentials. But many of us easily give up when confronted with setbacks in life. We should confront our limitations and accept them, so we can continue to grow.
We must not allow the burdens of the day to bend us down. We should afford ourselves moments of respite - breathing moments when we can stretch out and raise our eyes to heaven. Let us not be overwhelmed by things that we need to accomplish. Let us be reminded that life is not only about quantity, but also about quality.
Moments of silence and rest, moments of contemplation, moments of realizations are truly priceless.God is not concerned about how much we have accomplished but how much of ourselves are we willing to give.

No comments:

Post a Comment